Friday, November 20, 2009

Advent Calendar




With some sparks of ideas from my sons pre-kindergarten teacher, I created this Advent Calendar. I wet felted a big piece of wool batting to use as the "canvass" and then needle felted the design. I cut 24 slits in the wool and sewed squares on the back to create pockets. Then we had a hand work circle with some of the parents and they learned how to needle felt little gnomes that will go in each pocket. Every child from the class will take one home before the holidays. This was so fun and got me inspired to make one for our home to. My sons teacher told wonderful stories of making a Advent Calendar every year, each one different, each one special. The possibilities are endless and so are the possible materials that can be used. After getting started on this project I received my Living Craft Magazine in the mail and right on the cover 'Felted Advent Calendar'! Talk about tuning in " May the fleece be with you". It is such a wonderful thing when people join together as one flock of birds and create, especially when it is for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment