Friday, December 4, 2009

A Home for Gnomes

The tree house is not made of wool, but all good gnomes and faeries need a home. This was inspired by the tree houses I have seen in catalogs. I made each piece a little at a time and it probably took about 6 months to finish it and well it still isn't finished. My hope is that when my sons interest and skills build we can engineer together to make a whole village. Being in the southwest it was a bit more work to find the wood. I lived by the beach in the Pacific Northwest for years and at times was longing for the driftwood. But alas, nature provided us with almost everything. I wish I could have cut the platform rounds myself, but I will on the next ones? This tree house brings so magic into the house and will be a heirloom. I loved making it instead of buying it and a added bonus was there isn't too many removable parts to trip on in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment