Friday, December 4, 2009

Home Made Tree House




I made this tree house last year for my sons Christmas or rather Santa commissioned it. I was pregnant at the time and didn't feel comfortable using the chain saw or saws all. So I just bought the pine rounds from the hardware store that are used for making lazy susans and used natural cut wood slices that are used for wood burning and for sale in the craft stores. All the other wood including cherry, apricot, pine, cedar root, aspen, cottonwood, and willow I found while hiking and exploring. I used hemp twine to knot together the rope ladders. Hopefully this Christmas we'll add a pully (which you can get at hardware store, used for blinds) and maybe a hammock. This tree house is so sturdy and my son can climb it and I am not worried. It was a great way to save a couple hundred bucks and make something way better!

e

1 comment: